What are your Miranda Rights?
What are YOUR Miranda Rights?
Police: “I smell alcohol, how much have you had to drink tonight?”
Client: “Only a couple, it wasn’t much, but yes I had a little.”
The next thing that happens is that you are arrested for a DWI. You weren’t “Mirandized” yet you spoke. How can you be arrested without the proper reading of your Miranda rights??? We hear clients say, “I was arrested without being Mirandized, how is this legal???”
“Miranda Rights” as established lawfully in 1966 in the case of Miranda vs Arizona, only apply AFTER a person is taken into custody.
So what are your Miranda Rights???
1. “You have the RIGHT to remain silent”
– This is your right! The Officer can not violate this right. You can’t be coerced to talk. Don’t be tricked into talking or giving up your rights. REMEMBER, you are being recorded by Bodycams and Dashcams. If you remain silent then there is nothing for a jury to hear in your trial. So be quiet. If being quiet isn’t an option, then there are 3 words that I GUARANTEE will end this investigative phase. The 3 words are “KENNY PEREZ LAW”. Once you “Lawyer-up,” the investigation ends. Then call us!!
2. “Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law!”
3. “You have the RIGHT to an attorney”
4. “If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you”
DISCLAIMER: PLEASE learn your rights and learn the 3 words that will end all interrogations. The words are “KENNY PEREZ LAW.” PLEASE remember not to speak before you’re are MIRANDIZED. While your words after you mention our name should be thrown out in court, PLEASE remember that every word you speak will be recorded by the Officer’s Bodycam or Dashcam, and there’s a chance that a jury could still watch your interrogation and hear your interrogation in court. So PLEASE, mention your attorney, “KENNY PEREZ LAW,” and exercise your 5th Amendment Right to REMAIN SILENT.