ATVs can go off-road where other vehicles cannot, which comes in handy in Brownsville for both work and play. All-terrain vehicles make scrublands and arroyos accessible. They offer hours of fun if you want to mud around in the marshes along Highway 48. They make it easy for ranchers, rangers, and sportsmen to cover long distances over rough ground.
Riding ATVs comes with risks, however. Accidents happen, and when they do, riders can suffer serious, even fatal, injuries through no fault of their own.
If you or a loved one got badly hurt in a Brownsville ATV accident, you may have the right to receive financial compensation. Attorney Kenny Perez and his team at Kenny Perez Law can help you explore your rights and, potentially, secure you the money you deserve. Contact our Brownsville ATV accident lawyers today for a free consultation to learn more.
Texas Has the Highest Rate of ATV Accidents and Deaths Nationwide
Texas by far has the highest number of ATV deaths in the nation, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Hundreds of ATV riders have died in Texas since the CPSC began tracking ATV-related fatalities in the 1980s.
Nationally, ATV accidents lead to more than 100,000 emergency room visits every year. 15 percent of those ER visits result in hospitalization. Alarmingly, riders under 16 years of age account for over a quarter of all ATV accidents, and 16 percent of ATV-related fatalities. Half of those fatalities involve children under age 12.
Common types of ATV accidents in Brownsville
At Kenny Perez Law, we have the skill and resources to help victims of any type of ATV crash, including:
- Rollover accidents: All-terrain vehicles are designed to travel over rough terrain, but that does not mean they can go anywhere. Riders who take ATVs on steep inclines or uneven, sloping tracks can roll their vehicles and get pinned underneath, causing serious injuries.
- Obstacle collisions: Like any vehicle, ATVs can crash into a fixed object (like a tree or boulder) and throw their riders. Riders also run the risk of getting “clotheslined” by tree limbs and similar obstacles.
- Equipment malfunctions/breakdowns: ATVs take a beating. A mechanical breakdown due to improper maintenance or a defect can threaten rider safety and lead to a dangerous wreck.
- On-road accidents: ATVs sometimes ride on road shoulders or cross public roads. Accidents can happen when motor vehicles collide with ATVs due to motorist inattention or recklessness.
This is just a sampling of the types of ATV accidents that can happen in Brownsville. No matter what the specific circumstances of the wreck that harms a rider, however, Kenny Perez and his team have what it takes to hold the at-fault parties financially accountable.
Injuries Resulting From ATV accidents
According to the CPSC, the most common injuries in ATV-related accidents are fractures and contusions, most often involving the arms, head and neck, legs, and torso. Many of these injuries are severe, requiring hospitalization, surgeries, and months of rehabilitation. Some even result in a rider’s tragic death.
ATV accidents often cause traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and spinal cord injuries (SCIs). These injuries, in particular, can take a heavy physical, emotional, and financial toll on victims and their loved ones. TBIs cause lifelong cognitive impairments, for example, that limit a victim’s ability to work or go to school. SCIs frequently result in paralysis, which changes a victim’s life permanently, causes long-term health complications, and can inflict millions of dollars in expense.
Who should be held responsible for your Brownsville ATV accident?
In Texas, anyone whose careless, reckless, or intentional actions cause harm to someone else can face legal liability for that victim’s damages.
Every Brownsville ATV accident has unique facts, but the parties liable for a victim’s injuries and losses could include:
- The driver of an ATV who makes poor or dangerous decisions that lead to an accident that injuries a passenger or another rider.
- An ATV tour guide and tour company that fails to train and supervise its staff, or fails to maintain rental ATVs in a safe condition, leading to a dangerous wreck.
- ATV manufacturers that produce and sell defective equipment that malfunctions and causes a crash.
These are just a few examples of who might owe damages for an ATV accident in Brownsville. At Kenny Perez Law, we have the skill and resources to investigate an ATV wreck and to determine who should face legal and financial accountability for it.
What damages can you get for ATV accident injuries?
If someone else’s wrongful actions caused an ATV accident that injured you, then that party should pay you compensation.
The specific amounts and types of compensation you might receive can vary widely from case to case, but they frequently include payment for:
- Medical expenses
- Other out-of-pocket associated with adapting to and living with an injury
- Lost wages from missing work while healing
- Lost future income if you can’t return to work
- Pain, suffering, harm to personal relationships, and reduced quality of life
In some cases, a Brownsville court may also award an ATV accident victim punitive damages, as a way of punishing someone’s extreme or intentionally harmful conduct that led to a crash. The Kenny Perez Law team has the experience and know-how to obtain top-dollar compensation for our clients after they suffer any type of ATV accident injury.
An Experienced ATV Accident Law Firm in Brownsville
ATV accidents in Brownsville often take a heavy toll on victims and their families. They cause pain, discomfort, inconvenience, and often enormous expenses. No one who suffers ATV accident injuries because of someone else’s wrongful conduct should have to bear those burdens on their own.
Attorney Kenny Perez and his team of skilled legal professionals fight every day to make sure victims of personal injuries in Brownsville receive the compensation they deserve. If you or a loved one suffered harm in an ATV accident in the Brownsville area, contact us online or call (956) 544-9292 for a free consultation with a member of our team to learn about your rights.
Kenny Perez Law
3505 Boca Chica Blvd Suite 151
Brownsville, TX 78521
“Definitely a law firm that you can trust! Professional, reasonable, and knowledgeable. The legal team has great customer service skills. They were able to help and guide us every step of the way after our accident.” – Cynthia Barrera
Read more reviews on Google!