Truck accidents cause serious injuries or fatalities and pose a significant risk to motorists and pedestrians. Because of their potential severity, truck accident cases are often challenging for victims to navigate, requiring them to prove who was liable before they seek compensation. You can hold truck drivers liable, along with multiple other parties like trucking companies and vehicle manufacturers, further complicating matters.
With the help of our reliable team of McAllen truck accident lawyers at Kenny Perez Law, victims can benefit from legal counsel to help them recover the compensation they deserve for injuries and other damages.
Table of Contents
Where Truck Accidents Occur in McAllen?
Truck accidents occur all across the country, with many of them taking place in large states like Texas and cities such as McAllen. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 42 fatal accidents occurred in Hidalgo County alone in 2020, with another 289 suspected to have resulted in severe injuries.
Large trucks often travel through McAllen and surrounding areas to transport materials and goods, with many other trucks performing various other tasks. Across McAllen, some roads are more hazardous than others, including everything from main highways to smaller streets and intersections.
Some of these dangerous roadways include:
- Business 83 – Thousands of drivers travel down U.S. 83 daily as this road runs through the downtown area of McAllen. Accidents can occur at any point along this road, with many taking place close to 10th Street.
- Interstate 2 – People frequently use I-2 to travel through south Texas and near the U.S.-Mexico border. Subsequently, many drivers use exit and access ramps along the interstate, leading to accidents involving trucks.
- Bicentennial Boulevard – This street runs north and south through McAllen, with many intersections and parking access points. One of the most dangerous intersections on this boulevard is on the north end, at Nolana Avenue.
- Ware Road – The southern stretch of this busy road is particularly dangerous. This road gives vehicles access to many local neighborhoods with slower traffic.
Potential Causes of Truck Accidents in McAllen
The potential causes of truck accidents in McAllen and other locations involve truck driver negligence or that of another third party.
Potential causes of McAllen truck accidents include:
- Drug and alcohol use
- Sudden braking
- Improper loading
- Driver fatigue
- Mechanical defects
- Failure to properly inspect and maintain vehicles
- Defective road conditions
- Distracted driving
- Inclement weather
Depending on the cause of the accident, a truck accident lawyer in McAllen can help prove who was liable and seek compensation.
The Different Types of Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks are often bigger and weigh more than other vehicles. Due to their increased size, weight, and mass, they have the potential to cause serious injuries to others, along with other property damage.
Potential truck accident injuries that may result from these collisions include:
- Back and Neck Injuries – The force of truck accidents can cause the head and neck to move suddenly and unnaturally, causing many sensitive bones, ligaments, muscles, tendons, and other soft tissues in the back and neck to tear and break. Whiplash and more severe injuries may result in these instances.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries (TBIs) – Truck accidents may also cause damage to the brain. In severe cases, accidents may cause TBIs that include concussions, bleeding, bruising, and skull fractures, among other more extensive damage. If the injury is serious enough, it could result in long-term physical and psychological disability or psychological changes.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Temporary or permanent partial or total paralysis could result from damage to the spinal cord sustained in a truck accident.
- Burns – Tanker trucks and other trucks often contain large fuel tanks that can easily rupture in an accident, causing fires or explosions. These hazards may lead to burns that permanently disfigure or kill victims.
The Benefits of Working With Our McAllen Truck Accident Lawyers
Texas is a fault-based state regarding truck accidents. If another driver’s negligence caused an accident, the party responsible must cover any resulting damages, including injuries and property damage. Truck accident victims may seek compensation by filing a truck accident claim against the at-fault driver or other negligent parties.
If you or a loved one suffered from a truck accident, reach out to our team of experienced and knowledgeable McAllen truck accident attorneys to discuss a potential case. Our team can help you understand your rights and determine what options are available. We make it easier for our clients to navigate the claims process and recover full compensation from liable parties.
Some of the specific advantages of working with a McAllen truck accident lawyer at Kenny Perez Law include:
- We work with clients to navigate the entire claims process from filing to settlement: We understand that the truck accident claims process goes well beyond completing paperwork. Victims also must collect and provide ample evidence and documentation to support their claim, including medical records, police reports, and physical evidence from the accident scene. We can help achieve all of this for our clients.
- We can mitigate the risk of financial loss: Certain issues can develop during the claims process that may compromise accident victims financially. For example, victims may fail to file a claim before the statute of limitations has passed, or they may name the wrong liable party. Our team of experienced attorneys will help prevent these and other issues from hurting our clients.
- We negotiate with insurers: Insurance companies typically try to reach the lowest possible settlement to avoid paying out large amounts of money, even when accident victims deserve it. We’ll help prevent this by negotiating with insurers to recover the money you deserve.
- We can take the case to trial: Accident cases usually close during the claims process and do not reach court. However, if insurers deny a claim or the parties involved can’t agree on fault or a compensation amount, we can take the case to court to represent our clients during the litigation process.
Consult Our McAllen Truck Accident Attorneys Today
Accident victims often struggle to navigate the claims or lawsuit process after a truck accident, and going it alone presents certain risks. The trusted McAllen truck accident lawyers at Kenny Perez Law are here to help you get the guidance and representation you need.
Kenny Perez Law
1900 N Exp 77. Suite A,
Brownsville, Texas 78521
“Definitely a law firm that you can trust! Professional, reasonable, and knowledgeable. The legal team has great customer service skills. They were able to help and guide us every step of the way after our accident.” – Cynthia Barrera
Read more reviews on Google!