At Kenny Perez Law, we know that car accidents can damage your life.
The crash itself only signals the start of a lengthy process of filing a claim, establishing fault and liability, and getting the compensation that the victim deserves. It can intimidate anyone, especially car accident victims who are still recovering from their injuries. However, there’s no need for accident victims to take on both the law and insurance companies without any professional assistance.
The Brownsville car accident lawyers at Kenny Perez Law has aggressively fought for the rights and interests of car accident victims for years. We’ll review your case, discuss your legal options, and help you understand the process. If we feel you have a strong case, we’ll build your claim to make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
Car Accidents in Brownsville, TX
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Texas has some of the most fatal car accidents in the country. In a bad year in the Brownsville area, the Texas Department of Transportation estimates that at least one fatal car accident occurs every 20 days.
As the city’s population grows, a corresponding rise in the number of car accidents follows.
Here are some of the most common accident sites in the county:
- City roads, including E. Harrison Street
- County roads, like Paredes Line Road
- Farm to market roads—which are winding and narrow roads that are unique to Texas—such as FM 511 and FM 803
- U.S. highways, like U.S. 77 and state highways like TX-4
- Interstate highways, including I-2 and I-69E
Brownsville can be a dangerous place to drive, putting even the most careful drivers at risk. After all, there’s no way for them to prevent other drivers from causing an accident.
The number of inexperienced or aggressive drivers, the heavy commuter traffic, and a range of other potential car accident causes increase the chances that residents will get into a car accident that results in serious injuries or deaths.
Causes of Car Accidents in Brownsville
According to the NHTSA, speeding causes approximately one-third of all car accidents. Going beyond the speed limit increases the risk of an accident. Drivers cannot control their vehicles properly when they violate the speed limit, as they need more time and distance to slow down or stop the car. Collisions at higher speeds are more likely to cause catastrophic injuries or deaths.
Here are some of the other top causes of car accidents in Brownsville:
- Driver fatigue: When a driver is on the road without enough sleep or while severely fatigued, they put the lives of other people at risk. Being drowsy—or worse, falling asleep behind the wheel—slows down their reaction time and damages their judgment.
- Impaired driving: Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a recipe for disaster. These substances impair the driver’s judgment and driving ability. It can cause the driver to speed, swerve, or make other bad decisions. Drunk drivers are dangerous not only to themselves but to other motorists.
- Distracted driving: Talking or texting while driving, eating, personal grooming, and interacting with passengers—any activity or object that takes the driver’s attention off the road can cause an accident.
- Poor weather and road conditions: Inclement weather can make driving difficult. Rain, sleet, snow, or ice can impair the driver’s ability to properly control a vehicle. Similarly, improperly maintained roads can deteriorate to the point that they become a safety risk to motorists and pedestrians. Potholes, uneven pavements, and poorly designed construction zones are traffic hazards.
- Defective or failing automobile parts: Numerous car and car parts were recalled in recent years due to defects in their production or design. This is because defective car parts or systems—including ignition or steering systems, brakes, tires, and airbags—can cause serious accidents. Car owners must maintain their vehicles in top working condition through regular maintenance.
- Teen or elderly drivers: Teen and elderly drivers are statistically responsible for too many car accidents in Brownsville because of overconfidence, poor perception due to inexperience, or age-related decline in cognition and vision.
Most car accidents are preventable. Proper vehicle maintenance, careful driving, reduced distractions, and safety precautions can reduce the risk of an auto accident. By making changes in personal habits, anyone can significantly lower the risks of these accidents and save lives.
If, however, someone failed in their duty to drive responsibly and injured you, give us a call. We can help.
Benefits of Hiring Our Brownsville Car Accident Lawyers
Texas is a fault-based car accident state, so if the reckless, dangerous, or negligent actions of another party caused your accident, that party must pay damages. Accident victims can bring a claim against the at-fault party. Sometimes, they may also seek damages from multiple parties, including trucking companies or vehicle manufacturers.
Any person who has sustained serious injuries after a car accident should consult our Brownsville car accident lawyers as soon as they can. The trauma of an accident can make it easy to make the wrong decisions. A qualified, capable, and experienced car accident lawyer at our firm can help keep car accident victims from making mistakes that will haunt them later in the claims process.
Here are some of the top benefits of hiring a Brownsville auto accident attorney at Kenny Perez Law:
- We can handle the complicated claims process: Filing a claim for a car accident involves so much more than filling out a few forms. Victims also must provide documentation such as police reports, medical records, hospital bills, and so many others. Gathering all these and building a strong case can overwhelm anyone, especially someone who is still recovering from injuries. We handle all of this on behalf of our clients.
- We can negotiate with insurance companies: Insurance companies are notorious for paying so much less than claims are worth. They’ll offer the minimum settlement amount in hopes that the accident victim won’t know any better. We evaluate our clients’ claims and fight for their rights. We’re ready to appeal denials, negotiate better settlement amounts, and make sure the victim receives what they truly deserve.
- We help the victim avoid financial losses: Many things can go wrong during the claims process. The victim may file a suit after the deadline or they may not address the right defendant in their claim or lawsuit for damages. They may also present the information incorrectly, resulting in a loss in court. If any of these things happen, the victim loses their chance to recover the compensation they’re entitled to. Our Brownsville car accident lawyers can prevent all of this from happening.
- We represent the victim’s interests in court if necessary: Sometimes, it’s not possible to reach a settlement when the parties disagree on the cause of the accident or who’s at fault. The insurance company may also deny the claim. When this happens, the victim’s only recourse may be to enforce their rights by filing a lawsuit. The average person can’t handle litigation. It requires skills, legal knowledge, and courtroom experience, all of which we have.
Victims who make decisions or negotiate on their own can make a lot of mistakes unknowingly, and risk losing a lot of money. Our Brownsville car accident lawyers will bring a professional perspective and avoid those pitfalls.
Contact Our Brownsville Auto Accident Attorneys Today
Our Brownsville car accident lawyers only get paid when the victims get paid. They’re just as committed to obtaining the claim’s full value. They’ll use their network, years of experience, and skills to get the accident victim the maximum compensation for their injuries, lost wages, property damage, pain, and suffering.
Navigating a car accident insurance claim alone is tricky. Insurance companies will try their best to settle a claim for much less than what it’s actually worth. Their teams of lawyers and adjusters will take advantage of the victim’s lack of knowledge and experience and work hard to get them to accept the lowest possible amount. Don’t wait to get help. At Kenny Perez Law, we’re ready to fight for the compensation you deserve. We take our job to represent your interests seriously. Call us now at (956) 544-9292 or use our contact page for your free consultation.
Kenny Perez Law
3505 Boca Chica Blvd Suite 151
Brownsville, TX 78521
“Definitely a law firm that you can trust! Professional, reasonable, and knowledgeable. The legal team has great customer service skills. They were able to help and guide us every step of the way after our accident.” – Cynthia Barrera
Read more reviews on Google!